Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe of a dish served at Benihana's.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Tasty recipe even without the butter on the side. 30 minutes cooks it beyond the doneness I desire, so I suggest using a thermometer to get it to the exact temperature you require. This is quick and easy!
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup watercress, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 cup plus the 2 tsp of butter along with the crushed garlic in a sauce pan. Add parsley, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Pour into a small container and refrigerate til solid.
- When ready to cook, trim beef tenderloin of unnecessary fat. The tenderloin should be about 1 inch thick, so if it's too thick, pound to flatten.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of prepared butter and coat over the surface of the meat. Season with black pepper.
- Preheat grill. Place the tenderloin on hot grill and sear on each side for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue grilling until it reaches the desired doneness. Remove from grill and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Serve garnished with watercress and the butter mixture.