Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Add onions, carrots and scallions.
- Saute until carrots are translucent.
- Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow pan.
- Bake until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes), shaking pan occasionally for even color.
- Lightly grease another skillet.
- Beat eggs and pour into hot skillet.
- Cook as you would scrambled eggs.
- Combine rice, vegetables, sesame seeds and eggs.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Three Critical errors in the recipe. One, as noted the rice type should be short gtained. Two, cook the rice the day before then refrigerate the rice. Use the cold rice in the recipe. And most importantly- it's GARLIC butter!!!!!!!!!!!!
First time making it and it came out great. Used mushrooms instead of the green onion and threw in chicken to transform this dish from an appetizer to a main dish. If you are thinking about making it without the sesame seeds, don't! The roasted seeds push this dish from a good one to a great one. will make this again!
I did this the first time exactly as the recipe showed, it was delicious, but the next time I deleted two tbs butter (too much the first time), and added mushrooms, deleted the green onions, and added about a teaspoon of sesame oil. Yummy!!!!