Recipe by Andy Wold
Top Review by jftx98
Three Critical errors in the recipe. One, as noted the rice type should be short gtained. Two, cook the rice the day before then refrigerate the rice. Use the cold rice in the recipe. And most importantly- it's GARLIC butter!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Add onions, carrots and scallions.
- Saute until carrots are translucent.
- Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow pan.
- Bake until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes), shaking pan occasionally for even color.
- Lightly grease another skillet.
- Beat eggs and pour into hot skillet.
- Cook as you would scrambled eggs.
- Combine rice, vegetables, sesame seeds and eggs.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.