Recipe by Mary K. W.
Found this in my stack of recipes--not sure where it came from or how authentic it really is.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup scallion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add onions, carrots and scallions. Sauté until carrots are translucent; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F Place sesame seeds in a shallow pan and bake until golden brown (approx. 10 to 15 minutes), shaking pan occasionally for even color.
- Lightly grease another skillet. Beat eggs and pour into hot skillet. Cook as you would scrambled eggs.
- Combine rice, vegetables, sesame seeds and eggs.
- Add soy sauce. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste.