Recipe by Member #610488
This is a copycat recipe of a dish served at Benihana's. Serve each papillotes along with rice.
- 1⁄4 head broccoli, broken into florets and blanched
- 1⁄4 small cauliflower, broken into florets and blanched
- 1⁄4 small cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 2 sheets nori, seaweed cut into julienne strips
- 2 scallions, trimmed, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or flat grill until very hot and stir-fry vegetables for 5 minutes, until onion is opaque.
- Prepare 4 parchment or aluminum foil papillotes (envelope).
- In a small bowl, stir together miso paste, sugar, rice wine or sherry and soy sauce until smooth.
- Place a piece of salmon in the center half of each opened papillotes heart.
- Brush the miso mixture over the salmon and top with seaweed, scallions, and grilled vegetables.
- Seal the packages and place them in the frying pan or on the grill.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the packages are puffed. (You may open one package to check that the fish is opaque.)
- Transfer to plates and let each diner open his or her own package.