Member #610488's Note:
This is a copycat recipe of a dish served at Benihana's. Serve each papillotes along with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 head broccoli, broken into florets and blanched
- 1/4 small cauliflower, broken into florets and blanched
- 1/4 small cabbage, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup green beans
- 15 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 2 sheets nori, seaweed cut into julienne strips
- 2 scallions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1Heat the oil in a frying pan or flat grill until very hot and stir-fry vegetables for 5 minutes, until onion is opaque.
- 2Prepare 4 parchment or aluminum foil papillotes (envelope).
- 3In a small bowl, stir together miso paste, sugar, rice wine or sherry and soy sauce until smooth.
- 4Place a piece of salmon in the center half of each opened papillotes heart.
- 5Brush the miso mixture over the salmon and top with seaweed, scallions, and grilled vegetables.
- 6Seal the packages and place them in the frying pan or on the grill.
- 7Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the packages are puffed. (You may open one package to check that the fish is opaque.)
- 8Transfer to plates and let each diner open his or her own package.
Browse Our Top Halibut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Benihana Fish Tsutsumi-Yaki
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 28.8 g