Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found online; posting for ZWT6 (Asia)
Make and share this Bengali-Style Oven-Fried Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove oven racks & spray them with oil.
- Wash potatoes & slice them lengthwise into sticks 1/2″ thick or crosswise into rounds 1/3″ thick.
- Transfer to a baking pan & spray well with oil.
- Add seasonings & toss to coat. Place the rounds in a single layer on the oven racks. Place the racks in the centre of the oven.
- Bake until the potatoes are tender, with a deep, golden-brown crust, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve piping hot.
WOW, these suckers are HOT! YUMMY! SPICY! I chickened out using my oven rack (dh bakes frozen pizza there :-( ) so I just used a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Worked just fine, and I'm so glad we tried these. Thanks for sharing, AZPARZYCH!
Outstanding flavor, and easy to make, I cut mine thinner than ask and got crispy edges of potato peel surrounding the soft yummy spud meat. I really love the spice mix with very coarse ground pepper. I might up the spices by half next time simply because I love the mix and I love things well spiced. No problem with them as they are though.:D
These taters were yummy! They had a good spicy flavour with the cumin adding some zip, which we enjoyed. However the full 1/2 ts was a bit too much for our taste. Next time Ill simply reduce that a tad so that the other spices come through more.
Other than that this is a wonderful easy recipe that was enjoyed by all. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing it here with us, AZ!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #48 January 2011.