Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
zaar tour 8 a spicy red potato if you dont like it as spicy just cut back on the spices
- 16 potatoes, red cooked peeled
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 green chili peppers, small minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- add oil to hot pan
- add spices stirring after each addition
- add ginger
- add garlic.
- add chilies stir
- add potatoes fry gently so they dont fall apart should be round balls.
- cook until golden color about 10 minutes.
Delicious. I used one fourth the oil and subbed more mustard seeds for the dry mustard (personal preference). It was a great dish!
My DH's favorite part of the meal. He likes his potatoes. We ended up running out of space on the stove and had to bake them instead of pan fry, and they still came out great. Thanks Dienia! Made for ZWT8 trip to India.
I really liked this, it was very spicy but the heat did not overwhelm the other flavors. I really like flavor that the mustard adds. The only thing I changed was using fresh cayenne pepper from my balcony. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8.