Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cook Smart Vegetarian, looks good and saving here till I can get to try. Sounds great for diabetics as it uses sweet potatoe. Wikepedia describe panch phoron as equal amounts of fenugreek, nigella seeds, mustard seeds, fennel and cumin.
- 750 g sweet potatoes (1 1/2lb, peeled and chopped)
- 59.16 ml sunflower oil
- 9.85 ml panch phoron
- 2-4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 onion (large sliced)
- 14.79 ml coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft.
- Heat a wok, add the oil and stir fry the panch phoran for 1 minute and then add the garlic and stir fry for another minute.
- Now add the onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and coriander and stir fry until all the ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Season with salt if desired and serve immediately.
I made this tonight with half sweet potato and half diced chat potatoes. I concocted my own panch phoron and added my home grown coriander and a bit extra sea salt. It smelled and tasted excellent.
Delish!!! A keeper!