Recipe by I'mPat
From Cook Smart Vegetarian, looks good and saving here till I can get to try. Sounds great for diabetics as it uses sweet potatoe. Wikepedia describe panch phoron as equal amounts of fenugreek, nigella seeds, mustard seeds, fennel and cumin.
Top Review by katew
I made this tonight with half sweet potato and half diced chat potatoes. I concocted my own panch phoron and added my home grown coriander and a bit extra sea salt. It smelled and tasted excellent.
- 750 g sweet potatoes (1 1/2lb, peeled and chopped)
- 59.16 ml sunflower oil
- 9.85 ml panch phoron
- 2-4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 onion (large sliced)
- 14.79 ml coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft.
- Heat a wok, add the oil and stir fry the panch phoran for 1 minute and then add the garlic and stir fry for another minute.
- Now add the onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes and coriander and stir fry until all the ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Season with salt if desired and serve immediately.