1/4 Photos of Bengali Potatoes
From Cook Smart Vegetarian, looks good and saving here till I can get to try. Sounds great for diabetics as it uses sweet potatoe. Wikepedia describe panch phoron as equal amounts of fenugreek, nigella seeds, mustard seeds, fennel and cumin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sweet potatoes until soft.
- 2Heat a wok, add the oil and stir fry the panch phoran for 1 minute and then add the garlic and stir fry for another minute.
- 3Now add the onion and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the sweet potatoes and coriander and stir fry until all the ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- 5Season with salt if desired and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bengali Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: