Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes 2 loaves
Make and share this Bengal Fruit Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Place sultanas, sugar, water and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Cool totally.
- Sift remaining ingredients into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in fruit mixture.
- Mix well and spoon into 2 greased loaf tins 10 x 20 cms.
- Bake moderate oven 180 C for i hour or till cooked when tested.
- Cool 5 minutes in tin then turn onto wire rack.
- Whentotally cool, serve sliced and buttered.