Perfect finger sandwiches - the first ones to go at any "tea" or luncheon. From Paula Deen I just tweak the Tabasco a bit...
- Peel the cucumber, and remove the seeds.
- Place in a food processor and pulse about 5-6 times until minced. (I use my Pampered Chef handy chopper, chopping a few pieces at a time - about 15 chops).
- Transfer cucumber to a small mixing bowl.
- Chop onion in chopper or food processor, until finely minced. Add to cucumber.
- Add cream cheese, salt, food coloring and Tabasco, combining well.
- With a biscuit cutter, cut rounds out of bread slices.
- Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on bread rounds. Top with cucumber mixture, spreading to edges. Top with additional bread round.
- Garnish with parsley or other herbs as desired.