Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another recipe in my cookbooklet stash.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄3 cup Progresso Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup hot melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- In medium bowl, combine crabmeat, bell pepper, bread crumbs, celery, onion, salt, lemon pepper, 2 eggs, and 1 tablespoon butter; mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat until it sizzles.
- Add crabmeat patties; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once.
- Place on serving plate; place in oven to keep warm.
- In small saucepan, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill; beat with wire whisk until well blended.
- Heat over low heat until warm.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly beat in hot melted butter until smooth.
- Cover; set aside.
- In medium skillet, bring vinegar and water to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add 4 eggs; reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook eggs 2 to 3 minutes or until whites are set.
- With slotted spoon, place 1 poached egg on each crab cake.
- Spoon mock hollandaise over each.
- If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs.