Recipe by Annacia
Ben and Jerry have been making Oreo Mint ever since they opened their first store in the gas station. it was their top-selling flavor for a long time. Freezing time is however long it takes your freezer to freeze it.
- 2⁄3 cup Oreo cookies (coarsely chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cookies in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.
- add the peppermint extract and blend again. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens, about 2 minutes before it is done, add the chopped cookies, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.