Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
I like my ice cream all year long. Now, I do not have to pop out to the store now!
Top Review by foxprincess4life
This is absolutely delish! My family won't stop begging me to make more! This recipe is well rounded, though the first batch I made was a little grainy, but this was fixed in the next batch with a few minutes in my electric mixer. This was so good and so easy!
- 16 ounces Heath candy bars
- 2 cups heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.
- You should have about 1 cup. Place the chucks in a bowl, cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in amixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely.
- blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream, milk, vanilla, and whisk to blend.
- Transfer themixture to ice cream maker and freeze following.
- manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the.
- candy, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Variation: COFFEE HEATH BAR CRUNCH:.
- Omit vanilla and substitute 3 Tablespoons good quality freeze dried coffee. Add 2 T.
- coffee with the cream and milk, and add the remaining 1 T coffee with the.
- candy. (after the ice cream stiffens).