Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I like my ice cream all year long. Now, I do not have to pop out to the store now!
- 16 ounces Heath candy bars
- 2 cups heavy cream (or whipping cream)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Using a sharp knife, cut the candy bars into 1/2 to 1 inch chunks.
- You should have about 1 cup. Place the chucks in a bowl, cover and freeze.
- Whisk the egg in amixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely.
- blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream, milk, vanilla, and whisk to blend.
- Transfer themixture to ice cream maker and freeze following.
- manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done) add the.
- candy, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
- Variation: COFFEE HEATH BAR CRUNCH:.
- Omit vanilla and substitute 3 Tablespoons good quality freeze dried coffee. Add 2 T.
- coffee with the cream and milk, and add the remaining 1 T coffee with the.
- candy. (after the ice cream stiffens).
This is absolutely delish! My family won't stop begging me to make more! This recipe is well rounded, though the first batch I made was a little grainy, but this was fixed in the next batch with a few minutes in my electric mixer. This was so good and so easy!