Recipe by Lennie
Are Ben & Jerry two of your best friends? Then try this copycat ice cream recipe! (Prep time includes LOTS of chilling time.)
Top Review by Flowerfairy
This is a great recipe. It's actually from Ben & Jerry's "Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book". Make sure to cut the cherries in not too big pieces, otherwise you get big chunks of frozen fruit in your mouth (cold!).
- 1⁄4 cup shaved semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bing cherry, , halved and pitted (, you may use canned cherries, but be sure to drain the syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the shaved chocolate flakes and the cherries in separate bowls; cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend; add chilled chocolate and cherries and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturers instructions.