- 1⁄2 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over low heat.
- Add the pecans and salt and saute, stirring constantly, until the pecans start to turn brown.
- Drain the butter into a small bowl.
- Transfer the pecans to another bowl and let cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more.
- Pour in the cream and milk, and whisk to blend.
- Add the melted butter and blend.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the pecans, then continue freezing until done.