Recipe by bluemoon downunder
An upmarket, adults only, supper dish, anytime snack or weekend brunch dish. This mixture could also be served grilled on toast or on 4 English muffins halved. I found this recipe on The great British Kitchen website and I am posting it for the 2005 Zaar World Tour. I have based the cooking time on how long these crumpets would take to cook if you have a large grill. If you have a small grill that will enable you to cook only 4 at a time, so that you are cooking the crumpets in batches, then the cooking time will be nearly doubled.
- 6 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 ounce mixed nuts, chopped
- 8 crumpets
- 8 walnut halves, to garnish
- stuffed olives, to garnish
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cheese and butter, and stir in the port, yogurt and the nuts.
- Toast ONE side only - the bottom side - of each crumpet.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the untoasted side of the crumpets and grill until the cheese mixture is bubbling.
- Garnish the crumpets with walnuts, olives and parsley and serve hot.