Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Beltane Holiday Cream Pie
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- ground nutmeg
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- Melt the butter in a wide pan over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl slowly add the milk to the cornstarch, making sure it is fully dissolved and absorbed before adding more milk.
- When the cornstarch is fully blended, add this and all other ingredients, except the vanilla, to the cooking pan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the waiting pie shell and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- The pie may be eaten while it is still warm, as long as it has cooled enough to set. Or the pie may be chilled and eaten later.