Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From recipes+ looks delicious, they suggested butter lettuce leaves but I don't see why you could not use other lettuces if you so wished.
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
- 8 slices bacon (thin, rind removed)
- 12 butter lettuce leaves (torn)
- 3 egg tomatoes (thickly sliced, they specified roma's)
- 1 cup crouton (shop bought o'kay)
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and then bring to the boil over moderate heat, gently stirring (the helps centre the yolks) and boil, with stirring, for 8 minutes and then drain and then refresh under cold water and then peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over moderately high heat and cook bacon for 3 minutes each side or until brown and cooked and then drain on paper towel and once drained of fat chop coarsely.
- Arrange lettuce on serving plates and top with bacon, tomato, egg and croutons.
- Whisk sour cream, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon water, mustard and green onion in a bowl and then drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
What a great salad. I made a third of a batch using two eggs, 3 small bacon rashers, cherry tomatoes and a slice of stale sourdough bread that I toasted. Also added some sliced cucumber, a few kalamata olives and a bit of feta. Yummo! My only change would be to use dijon rather than grainy mustard. I prefer the tang, but this is great the way it is. Thanks so much for posting.