Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Ham roll ups with a twist. I came up with these when the bunch of scallions I had bought were way too pungent to use for traditional ham roll ups. Plus the roasted red peppers make them look really festive.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 roasted red pepper, from a jar, sliced into strips and drained on a paper towel
- 4 slices deli ham, the rectangle shaped sold in the lunch meat isle is best
- I microwave the cream cheese in a bowl on 30% power until easy to stir.
- Stir minced scallions into cream cheese.
- Separate the ham slices and lay out flat.
- Spread each ham slice with the cream cheese mixture.
- Along the long side edge of ham,lay pepper strips.
- Starting with the edge with the peppers, roll tightly jellyroll style.
- Wrap each log tightly in Saran wrap.
- Refrigerate 4 hrs or overnight.
- When ready to serve, unwrap each log and using a serrated knife, carefully slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange on platter and serve immediately.
- To make them look a little fancier, sprinkle belly buttons with minced fresh parsley.