Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a staple at my house for breakfast, and sometimes lunch. It sounds like an odd combination, but trust me, after one of these babies, you'll be hooked!!
- 1 large egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 -2 slice cooked deli-sliced ham
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 -2 slice tomatoes
- 1 slice onion, seperated into rings
- iceberg lettuce
- mayonnaise or salad dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In small bowl, beat egg with milk.
- In large, nonstick skillet, melt butter or margarine.
- Add ham to skillet, then add egg, keeping the two separate in the pan.
- Fry egg until cooked through (adding salt and pepper to taste) and turn ham every few min.
- to heat it through.
- Place slice of cheese on top of egg, turn off heat,and cover skillet.
- Place egg on one half of English muffin, then top with ham.
- Next, add tomato, onion, and lettuce.
- Spread mayonnaise or salad dressing on other half of muffin, and put on top, to make a sandwich.
- OPEN WIDE!
This made a big sandwich. The only thing I would leave off if I were eating it for breakfast again is the slice of onion ( to early in the day LOL). We used an American cheese slice with peppers in it. This makes a nice hearty sandwich. Thanks Manda. Bullwinkle.