Recipe by Aroostook
This recipe mix is as close as I could make to the original! =) Easy to make with spices from your cupboard and no salt!
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! I have reviewed 230+ recipes and only a very few have ever been described as "to die for" - I am adding this one. Most of our family lives in New England and this sounded very much like the stuffing/dressing seasoning we love. I thought it would be wonderful for Xmas gifts and gave it a trial run. I made the seasoning and the stuffing recipe as directed. I mounded the stuffing in a greased baking pan, topped it with 2 bone-in half chicken breasts and baked the dish at 350°F for 50 minutes. The 2 of us devoured every single crumb of the dressing. The ginger added such a magical flavor that I cut up the leftover chicken and added it to another batch of dressing baked in a covered casserole dish. I have placed an order to Pensey's Spices so I can share this wonderful seasoning (and stuffing/dressing recipe) with family and friends. Thanks Barb, for this very special recipe!
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle on poultry before roasting or make a stuffing.
- Stuffing: Melt 4 tbls. butter.
- Saute 1/3 c.minced onion and 1/2 cup chopped celery until tender.
- Salt to taste.
- Add vegetables to eight slices of bread (cubed and toasted).
- Add 1/2 cup water and 1 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning to the bread mixture and toss.