The Cranberry Bliss bar that is available at Starbucks during the winter holiday season inspired this recipe. It is chewy, sweetened with white chocolate and cranberries, with hints of orange and ginger.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, grandulated
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sugar and butter until smooth. Add egg and orange and beat until smooth.
- Separately combine: flour, baking soda, and ginger. Mix into sugar mixture in small portions.
- Mix in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonful of batter onto baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool for atleast 5 minutes.
- Icing: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and orange extract with a electrical mixer. Transfer to a pastry bag or ziplock bag. Cut tip of bag with scissor by 1/2 millimeter. Pipe lattice pattern onto cookies.