Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a curry with rich flavor that goes well with chappathi or idli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch cumin seed
- 1 pinch fennel seed
- 1 pinch channa dal
- 1 pinch fenugreek seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 10 skinless peanuts
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 green chilies
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro
- 1 piece ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 pinch hing
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced red capsicum
- Fry peanuts, star anise, cinnamon, fenugreek seeds, channa dal, jeera, cumin seeds in a little oil.
- Add shredded coconut to the fried items and grind in mixer. Now spice mix is ready. Keep aside.
- Put diced bell pepper in bowl with 1/2 spoon oil and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Heat oil, fry onions. After a minute add tomato, turmeric, hing, ginger, garlic paste, green chillies and cilantro. fry for 2 minutes in full heat.
- Let it cook and then grind separately. Now tomato base is ready.
- Add tomato base, spice mix and microwaved bell pepper to kadai and cook for 10 minutes.
- Bell pepper peanut curry is ready.
- You can add boiled potatoes or boiled carrot if red bell pepper is unavailable.