You do not need a panini press to make this sandwich, just use a skillet. From the cookbook "Delizioso: Panini the Italian Way"
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a small saute pan over medium heat saute pepper and onion in 1 tsp olive oil until onion is translucent and pepper is softened.
- Brush each cut side of the rolls with garlic olive oil and lightly salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches using prosciutto, cheese, arugula, and sauteed vegetables. Lightly brush outside of assembled sandwiches with remaining olive oil.
- Cook until done, about 4-8 minutes.