Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Beautiful Tomatoe Sauce. I love toamtoe sauce, and this one is simple, easy, fresh, and most importantly...yummy!
- 1⁄2 white onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 celery rib (minced)
- 12 basil leaves (torn)
- 7 parsley sprigs (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 16 roma tomatoes (diced)
- Cook the onion, garlic, celery, basil, and parsley in the olive oil in a large saucepan for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, or until all vegetables are soft, and the onion is see-through. Make sure the vegetables don’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Next fold in the diced tomatoes and season with however much salt you crave. Bring to a calm boil over medium heat. Place a lid on the saucepan and simmer until a thick sauce is formed, about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with any pasta type, or with any recipe needing tomatoe sauce :).
Perfection all the way! Fresh ingredients make the best sauces, and this is no exception!
Excellent sauce served over Penne pasta!! A truly wonderful meal.
Perfect in every way. I love that all the ingredients are fresh. I couldn't and wouldn't change a thing about this recipe.