Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Flavorful and filling ! My mother-in-law's winter chili recipe.
- 16 ounces cooked great northern beans
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, & diced
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken).
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour. Add chicken and cook 1/2 hour.
- Top each bowl with sour cream & Monterey Jack cheese before serving.
*Made for PAC Spring 2007* This is an easy and delicious white chili. I only had 1-4 oz can of green chilies so I added an additional 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper. I loved the smokey cumin with the spicy pepper and the mild beans- YUM. Served as suggested with freshly shredded Monterey Jack cheese and sour cream. Thanks so much for sharing, Thank your MIL as well :) Nick's Mom