A good friend gave me this recipe and it produces a waffle that is more substantial. It's not super light and fluffy like other recipes. They are more like "Eggo" waffles (in terms of texture, not sweetness). Makes 16 (4 1/2" X 4") waffles. When preparing them for freezing, I undercook them slightly, so they don't burn in the toaster.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Use approximately 1/3 cup of batter per waffle.
- Bake on waffle iron as per manufacturers instructions.
- Note: My original posting of this recipe did not include salt. I didn't really miss having salt in this recipe, but I thought the first reviewer of this recipe probably had a point about blandness, so I amended the recipe to include 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Other comments have prompted me to add vanilla to the recipe, with wonderful results. Thanks for your comments!