1/3 Photos of Bella's Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles
Kelly A's Note:
A good friend gave me this recipe and it produces a waffle that is more substantial. It's not super light and fluffy like other recipes. They are more like "Eggo" waffles (in terms of texture, not sweetness). Makes 16 (4 1/2" X 4") waffles. When preparing them for freezing, I undercook them slightly, so they don't burn in the toaster.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- 2Add milk, eggs and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- 3Use approximately 1/3 cup of batter per waffle.
- 4Bake on waffle iron as per manufacturers instructions.
- 5Note: My original posting of this recipe did not include salt. I didn't really miss having salt in this recipe, but I thought the first reviewer of this recipe probably had a point about blandness, so I amended the recipe to include 3/4 teaspoon of salt. Other comments have prompted me to add vanilla to the recipe, with wonderful results. Thanks for your comments!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bella's Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.2
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 341.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g