1/1 Photo of Bella's Butterscotch Fingers
Hey Jude's Note:
Here's another terrific cookie recipe from my friend Bella, who is the world's greatest baker (in my opinion!). Prep time doesn't include chilling time (there are 3 different options for the chilling)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula; beat in vanilla, then egg; at low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl; with spoon, stir in pecans.
- 3Shape dough into a 12" by 3 3/4" by 1" brick.
- 4Wrap brick in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight until firm enough to slice.
- 5Or place brick in freezer about 2 hours.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°.
- 7Grease a large cookie sheet; with sharp knife, cut brick crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices; place slices, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets.
- 8Bake cookies 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- 9Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bella's Butterscotch Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g