Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's another terrific cookie recipe from my friend Bella, who is the world's greatest baker (in my opinion!). Prep time doesn't include chilling time (there are 3 different options for the chilling)
- On waxed paper, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula; beat in vanilla, then egg; at low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl; with spoon, stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into a 12" by 3 3/4" by 1" brick.
- Wrap brick in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight until firm enough to slice.
- Or place brick in freezer about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a large cookie sheet; with sharp knife, cut brick crosswise into 1/8-inch thick slices; place slices, 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
These cookies were excellent! I made the recipe exactly as written, and they were delicious. Tasted like shortbread cookies, with pecan flavor. I will be making these again. Just make sure to take them off the pan right away. One pan I waited a little too long and had to chip away at them.
These cookies were soooo delicious!!!! I was surprised that there were not more reviews for this recipe!!!! I used almonds instead of pecans. Thanks for the recipe!! I will definitely be making them again SOON!!! 10 stars!!! YUMMMOOO
Hey Jude, these were a great hit with my out-of-state family. Tasted just a few before I sent them, and am glad I did. These had a lovely mild flavor which unfortunately could lead to too many eaten! Will make sure these go onto our Christmas tray next year.