Recipe by Aproned Cynthia
Years ago, I tried the wild mushroom soup at Au Bon Pain bakery and knew immediately I had to find the recipe. I never found the recipe, so I created my own. This soup is fragrant, creamy and flavorful.
Top Review by sloe cooker
Love mushrooms! This soup was different than the other mushroom soups that I have tried, but I enjoyed every bite. I did have to add a little salt, due to my salt addiction. Was unable to find the dried mushrooms so I can only imagine how much better it would have been with them. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe Aproned Cynthia! Made for Fall PAC 2012
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as chardonnay
- 32 ounces chicken or 32 ounces turkey stock, preferably homemade
- 1 ounce dried wild mushrooms, medley such as morels, porcini, chanterelles, oyster, shitake & lobster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 qt saucepan, saute bella mushrooms and onions in butter until soft.
- Sprinkle with flour and whisk for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Whisk in wine.
- Whisk in stock, dried mushrooms, and chicken base or bouillon until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Serve immediately.