1/2 Photos of Bella & Wild Mushroom Soup
Aproned Cynthia's Note:
Years ago, I tried the wild mushroom soup at Au Bon Pain bakery and knew immediately I had to find the recipe. I never found the recipe, so I created my own. This soup is fragrant, creamy and flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces baby bella mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as chardonnay
- 32 ounces chicken or 32 ounces turkey stock, preferably homemade
- 1 ounce dried wild mushrooms, medley such as morels, porcini, chanterelles, oyster, shitake & lobster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chicken base or 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1In a 3 qt saucepan, saute bella mushrooms and onions in butter until soft.
- 2Sprinkle with flour and whisk for about 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 3Whisk in wine.
- 4Whisk in stock, dried mushrooms, and chicken base or bouillon until smooth.
- 5Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in heavy cream.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bella & Wild Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 135.9 mg
- Sodium 199.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g