Recipe by Kookaburra
I was going to order in a gourmet pizza but thought twice when I saw the price! So, instead, I took a note of the ingredients from the take-away menu and made it myself. It turned out to be the best pizza we've ever eaten - and I could probably make three for the cost of one from the shop. Please note that quantities below are approximate and can be adjusted to suit your own taste.
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (about 70g or half a small tub)
- 50 g salami, very finely sliced (I bought a packet of shaved hot salami)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pizza cheese, grated (I bought a packet of pre-grated cheese, a combination of cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella)
- 1⁄3 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 3 -4 artichoke hearts (from a bottle or can)
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely sliced
- 50 g feta cheese, cut into small cubes (I like the creamy variety of feta cheese, in Australia, I choose the South Cape brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 200°C.
- Spoon pizza sauce or tomato paste onto the pizza base and spread evenly - I use the back of a spoon.
- Cut salami slices in half and lay evenly over the pizza.
- Sprinkle fairly lightly with grated cheese, but with enough for a reasonable covering.
- Now scatter over the olives.
- Slice the artichoke hearts fairly thinly, lengthwise, and arrange evenly over pizza.
- Scatter over sliced red onion.
- Scatter another light layer of cheese over the pizza.
- Now scatter over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the dried rosemary and the garlic powder.
- Carefully transfer pizza to a pizza tray or similar and bake on the centre shelf of the preheated 200°C oven for approximately 15 minutes.