I was going to order in a gourmet pizza but thought twice when I saw the price! So, instead, I took a note of the ingredients from the take-away menu and made it myself. It turned out to be the best pizza we've ever eaten - and I could probably make three for the cost of one from the shop. Please note that quantities below are approximate and can be adjusted to suit your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce (about 70g or half a small tub)
- 50 g salami, very finely sliced (I bought a packet of shaved hot salami)
- 1 1/2 cups pizza cheese, grated (I bought a packet of pre-grated cheese, a combination of cheddar, Parmesan and mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup green olives, pitted and halved
- 3 -4 artichoke hearts (from a bottle or can)
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 50 g feta cheese, cut into small cubes (I like the creamy variety of feta cheese, in Australia, I choose the South Cape brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, approximately
- 1Set oven to 200°C.
- 2Spoon pizza sauce or tomato paste onto the pizza base and spread evenly - I use the back of a spoon.
- 3Cut salami slices in half and lay evenly over the pizza.
- 4Sprinkle fairly lightly with grated cheese, but with enough for a reasonable covering.
- 5Now scatter over the olives.
- 6Slice the artichoke hearts fairly thinly, lengthwise, and arrange evenly over pizza.
- 7Scatter over sliced red onion.
- 8Scatter another light layer of cheese over the pizza.
- 9Now scatter over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the dried rosemary and the garlic powder.
- 10Carefully transfer pizza to a pizza tray or similar and bake on the centre shelf of the preheated 200°C oven for approximately 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bella Roma Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 395.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: