The caloric value of this changed from 381 a serving to 171 a serving; 22 grams of fat to 3 grams of fat. This tastes like a million dollars also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large green peppers
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup recipe-style stewed tomatoes (with juices)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce finely shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Bring water in a large saucepan to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, cut the peppers lengthwise in half.
- 3Remove and discard the stems, seeds and membranes.
- 4Carefully, place the peppers in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- 5Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppers and invert them onto paper towels to drain well.
- 6Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 7Lightly spray an unheated large skillet with no-stick spray.
- 8Add the turkey and onions.
- 9Cook over medium heat until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- 10Stir in the rice, tomatoes (with juices), tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Place the pepper halves in an 8x8x2 baking dish.
- 13Spoon the meat mixture into the pepper shells.
- 14Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- 15Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bell Peppers Stuffed With Spanish Rice, Low Fat/Low Carb
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 533.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 14.6 g