Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
The caloric value of this changed from 381 a serving to 171 a serving; 22 grams of fat to 3 grams of fat. This tastes like a million dollars also.
Top Review by zoomazoomzoom
While I did really enjoy this dish, I felt that it was missing something. I followed the recipe exactly, and will definitely make it again... However, I think that it will have a lot more flavor with more stewed tomatoes, slightly less rice, and some spices, perhaps cumin, cayenne, and or chipotle powder. Some lemon juice would also be a nice addition in my opinion.
- 2 large green peppers
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup recipe-style stewed tomatoes (with juices)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce finely shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water in a large saucepan to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the peppers lengthwise in half.
- Remove and discard the stems, seeds and membranes.
- Carefully, place the peppers in the boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the peppers and invert them onto paper towels to drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray an unheated large skillet with no-stick spray.
- Add the turkey and onions.
- Cook over medium heat until the turkey is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice, tomatoes (with juices), tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pepper halves in an 8x8x2 baking dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the pepper shells.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.