Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
A different stuffed pepper. The chunks of melted cheese in the orzo are so good! If you like your peppers very tender, steam or roast them a bit before filling.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 6 red peppers or 6 green peppers
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb goat cheese or 1⁄2 lb cubed mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta 3/4 of time recommended on package.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- Mix salt, pepper and oil and spread on insides of peppers.
- Chop olives and mix with parsley and nuts.
- Drain pasta and mix with olive mixture and hot sauce.
- Stir in cheese and spoon into peppers.
- Place in an oil greased pan and cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove foil, and bake another 15 minutes, or till peppers are tender.
Intersting, even though it requires a bit of work. I used small shell pasta and mozzarella cheese and it worked pretty well, but I thought it could do with some more flavour and definitely some more salt. The pasta shells didn't seem to be quite cooked in the end, but it wasn't really noticable. This dish makes a nice presentation!
Needs more flavour. Next time i make it i'm going to add garlic, sauteed onions and fresh basil and hope that gives it abit more kick.