1 hr 5 mins
* Pamela *'s Note:
Posted in response to a request for vegetarian OAMC recipes. This recipe is from Entertaining on Ice by T. Haywood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake whole peppers for 1/2 an hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 2Pour 10 oz very hot water into a bowl and stir in harissa or red chili flakes; add couscous and raisins and let soak for 15 minutes.
- 3Saute garlic in 4 tbsp olive oil.
- 4Fluff couscous with a fork and be sure all the grains are separated; then pour over the oil and garlic.
- 5Mix in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 6Add additional olive oil if mixture seems dry.
- 7Slice the top of the cooled peppers and remove all seeds.
- 8Gill each pepper with couscous mixture and pack into a shallow freezer/oven proof baking dish.
- 9To freeze: cover well with foil or saran wrap, label and freeze.
- 10To serve: Defrost overnight; Drizzle with olive oils and then cover with foil; heat in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bell Peppers Stuffed With Couscous (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 12.2 g