1/1 Photo of Bell Peppers Stuffed With Chorizo and Cheese
1 hr 20 mins
This is from an old newspaper clipping. I don't know which paper. You can use any spicy sausage in place of the chorizo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Remove seeds from peppers and set aside.
- 3Make stuffing: Saute onion in olive oil until soft.
- 4Add garlic and remove from heat.
- 5Add sausage, rice and cheese.
- 6Add egg, mix well, and set aside.
- 7Make sauce: Place all sauce ingredients in saucepan.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 9Use a spoon to chop tomatoes coarsely.
- 10Stuff peppers with chorizo mixture.
- 11Pour sauce into a glass or enamel baking dish.
- 12Arrange peppers on sauce, open side up.
- 13Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 14Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 15Spoon sauce over peppers.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bell Peppers Stuffed With Chorizo and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.5
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 177.8 mg
- Sodium 1889.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 40.8 g