Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
South-of-the-border meatless version of stuffed bell peppers.
- 4 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) canspicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) canvacuum-packed whole kernel corn, drained (with red and green peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup picante salsa
- 8 tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, combine all the filling ingredients.
- Spoon heaping 1/2 cup of filling into each pepper half. Place the filled peppers into a ungreased 13x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon of salsa and a tortilla chip.
I made this last week for my sister, brother-in-law, brother and sister while we were on vacation. (Twenty of us, all together.) The next night we reheated the leftovers for the fish fry - some of us don't like fish. It was easy to prepare in a rented cottage with little in the way of kitchen equipment, and my two nieces want the recipe.