Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When bell peppers fill the local farmer's market, I make this refreshing salad to serve with grilled meats. From Light & Tasty Magazine, 2004.
- 2 1⁄4 cups raw penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook and drain pasta.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion in oil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add red & green bell peppers; cook & stir 3 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in olives, oregano, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Add drained pasta, remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese; serve immediately.
It was a quick and easy recipe that tasted great! Thanks for sharing it!
This is great and so fast! I only had green olives, but next time I'll use the black olives. Thanks for sharing!