Prep 20 mins
Cook 21 mins
- 1 (12 inch) pizza crusts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded medium cheddar
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Sauté peppers, shallots and garlic for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in sundried tomatoes and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Spread pepper mixture on crust.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Bake at 450°F (230°C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
- For barbecue, preheat for 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease baking sheet and place on grill.
- Close lid and cook for 10-15 minutes or until bottom is crisp and cheese is melted.