Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from a can of Red Gold petite diced tomatoes. It is very good and cheesy. I left the cilantro out because I can only take it in very small doses. Please add or subtract as need to suit your taste buds. I used chipotle chili powder and it was amazing!
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut peppers into 2 inch squares. Cut each square diagonally.
- In a lightly greased skillet, cook onion, chili powder, and cumin until onion is tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add diced tomatoes, rice, both cheeses, cilantro, and hot pepper sauce.
- Place pepper triangles on greased baking sheet and spoon onto each a heaping tablespoon of the tomato mixture. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat for 3 to 4 minutes - or until cheese is melted.