Recipe by lazyme
Try this with any roasted meat or as a topper for crostini. Begin making it a day ahead. From Bon Appetit, December 1999.
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers; saute until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add olives, mustard and garlic.
- Stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer relish to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Bring relish to room temperature before serving.