Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this with any roasted meat or as a topper for crostini. Begin making it a day ahead. From Bon Appetit, December 1999.
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers; saute until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add olives, mustard and garlic.
- Stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer relish to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Bring relish to room temperature before serving.