Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm surprised these aren't already posted! Healthy little appetizers with a kick! Sure to be a hit at the summer parties.
- Spray large baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bell peppers into 2 x 1.5 inch strips, cut strips into bite-sized triangles (each strip should yield 2 or 3 triangles).
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, onion, chili powder and cumin. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes until union is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. STir in rise, monterey jack cheese, cilantro and hot pepper sauce.
- Top each pepper triangle with roughly 2 tablespoons rice mixture Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place on prepped baking sheets and cover with plastic wrap. REfrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler. Remove plastic wrap. Broil nachoes 6 to 8 inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and rice is heated through.