Recipe by MechanicalJen
I'm surprised these aren't already posted! Healthy little appetizers with a kick! Sure to be a hit at the summer parties.
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bell peppers into 2 x 1.5 inch strips, cut strips into bite-sized triangles (each strip should yield 2 or 3 triangles).
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add tomatoes, onion, chili powder and cumin. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes until union is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. STir in rise, monterey jack cheese, cilantro and hot pepper sauce.
- Top each pepper triangle with roughly 2 tablespoons rice mixture Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Place on prepped baking sheets and cover with plastic wrap. REfrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler. Remove plastic wrap. Broil nachoes 6 to 8 inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and rice is heated through.