Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was submitted by Zakiya Mirza in the Thursday magazine. I haven't tried it, but looked good to me, so I thought of posting it rightaway!
- 1⁄2 kg mincemeat, washed
- 4 -5 bell peppers
- 2 medium tomatoes, washed,peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, washed,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon methi seeds
- ghee or oil, as required
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil bell pepper for 2-3 minutes in water till soft.
- Cut in half and keep and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wok.
- Add whole garam masala and methi seeds.
- Add onion and fry till brown.
- Add mince.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, as you do so.
- Mix ginger-garlic paste well to reduce the smell of the mince.
- Add chilli, corriander and turmeric powders.
- Stir continuously.
- Add tomatoes and salt.
- Mix and then cover.
- Cook on medium flame till the water dries up and oil separates.
- Remove from flame.
- Fill the bell pepper with mince and tie it with a thread so that it does not open.
- Keep the bell pepper on the mince which is remaining.
- Sprinkle a little water.
- Cover tightly.
- Cook on dum for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.