Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice decorative way to serve egg for breakfast or any meal for that matter.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 4 eggs
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 romaine lettuce, leafs
- In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high.
- Add bells pepper, then crack.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until egg whites are mostly set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently flip and cook one more minute for over easy.
- Place egg atop romaine leaf.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp oil and Parmesan.
These were good, easy and different. I followed the recipe as written using green peppers as that is what I had on hand. I didn't use the lettuce though.
A nice very different way to serve eggs. A tiny bet like an egg sandwich with out the bread. Made as written using green bell pepper for half and red bell pepper for the other half. We liked the red bell pepper just a little bet better as it gave just a hit of sweetness which was a nice contrast to the egg and parmesan. Thanks so much for the post.