Recipe by jp mims
I'm not a big bell pepper fan, but since we had so much of it in the garden, I gave some to a friend and she shared this recipe. It is very good. I chop bell pepper and freeze it in 1 cup portions (raw) to use in this recipe.
- 1 cup cooked chopped bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup saltine crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients and put in a greased 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minute.
- Note: I cook the chopped bell pepper right in the glass measuring cup in the microwave.
- Cook for about a minute, then stir.
- Then cook 30 second at a time until pepper looks and smells done.
- Peppers will juice as they cook, but I don't drain them.
- I add juice and all.