Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This colourful salad looks fantastic on the table, and is so-o-o easy to make. I originally created it to take to a barbecue, and everyone loved it. You can be flexible with quantities for the feta, olives and dressing—suit your own taste and visual preferences. Also, you can add chopped parsley or any other herbs or spices that appeal to you.
- 3 bell peppers, seeded, deveined and cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Use stoplight bell peppers (these often come in three-packs with one each of red, green and amber)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 -3 ounces pitted black kalamata olives (smallish ones)
- 4 tablespoons salad dressing (I use my Italian Salad Dressing)
- Combine all ingredients. Stir thoroughly and serve.
I made your salad to go along with Italian pepper subs with sauteed peppers and onions. This is the first time I have ever made a Greek style salad that did not contain tomatoes or lettuce...and it definitely will not be the last. My kids and I loved it! I chose to use the creamy version of I'm Pat's 4 Salad Dressing to which I added some Greek herbs. Going to be making this again real soon. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for the 65th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
This is so yummy. I made half the recipe with only red bell peppers. And since I only had sliced black olives, that's what I used and it was great. I used ranch dressing. DH loved this salad. There is a small bowl of leftover and he claimed it as his. So I'll have to do more if I want to have some. It's very easy to do and I'm sure we're going to have it often and also with different colors of peppers. Thanks Leggy Peggy :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for May 2012
Nice! Very fresh and easy to put together salad with a great blend of flavours.