Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 recipe of basic meatballs (prepared from another recipe)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, Sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large tomatoes, Cut the tomato into 8 wedges
- Prepare the basic meatballs recipe and set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and cook and stir until tender.
- Add the cooked meatballs, 1 1/2 cups of water, the bouillon, garlic salt, ginger and soy sauce; heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green pepper.
- Mix the cornstarch with the 2 Tbls of water and add to the sauce mixture.
- Cook, stirring carefully, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Cover and simmer until the pepper is crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, cover, and heat for about 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- NOTE: Hot cooked rice makes an ideal accompaniment for this zesty dish.