- 16 ounces aberdeen angus steak
- 10 fluid ounces condensed beef broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 1⁄2 lb water chestnut, sliced
- 2 fluid ounces water
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bunch green onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, adjusted to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the steak into strips and brown it in hot oil.
- Add water chestnuts, red bell pepper, scallions and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Mix broth, water, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir into beef mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil, and then stir in rice.
- Cook; remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.